Atlantic Technology AZ620 - AZURE Series In-Ceiling Speaker
The AZURE™ AZ620 two-way speakers deliver the famous Atlantic Sound for your music and home-theater special effects anywhere you wish. The AZ620 are the perfect option for higher quality Home Theater LCR's or Surround Multi-Purpose In-Ceiling Architectural Speakers.
These versatile multi-purpose speakers feature the latest premium material and component advancements from Atlantic Technology to deliver outstanding sonic performance. The woofer cone is made of our advanced formed Fiberglass material used in our latest award-winning flagship 8600 series in-room home theater speakers. And the coated silk-dome 30° pivoting wide dispersion LRT™ tweeter is coupled with an audiophile grade computer optimized cross-over composed of precision components.
In addition to aiming the tweeter, front mounted tweeter level controls further optimize the speaker to its surroundings. Their discreet profile with a new ultra-thin bezel design using magnetically attached paintable grilles and a host of optional accessories make installations fast and easy for a professional result. Their rugged design, outstanding sound quality voiced to match Atlantic home theater systems and simple flexible installation make them a perfect complement to Atlantic Technology box or in-wall speakers.
Following on from Atlantic's outstanding history with well regarded in-ceiling home theater speakers, the AZ620's are also a 'Tri-Mode' speaker - leading them to be a highly adaptive option for any serious installation professional or enthusiast.
What is a Tri-Mode In-Ceiling Speaker?
- Mono/Stereo Jumpers - The back of the speaker has two sets of gold-plated push to connect spring loaded speaker cable terminals and a set of jumpers which modify the speaker configuration for mono or stereo operation.
- Conventional (Mono) – With the jumper set to mono, the dual voice coil woofers and dual silk dome tweeters produce superlative sound for standard stereo music reproduction when speakers are used in pairs.
- Single-Point Stereo – With the jumper set to stereo, these speakers can be wired to deliver full 2-channel stereo sound from a single loudspeaker, giving you great sound quality with only one unobtrusive thin-bezel grille showing. This is ideal for small spaces like a dressing area/master closet or a small hallway where installing two separate speakers is impractical.
- Dipole/Bipole Switch - Each AZURE™ 20 series speaker has a convenient front mounted Dipole/Bipole switch which optimizes the speaker for different placement, operation and surroundings.
- Dipole Mode - The speaker delivers ambient diffuse sound with minimal localization ideal for surround movie or video soundtracks creating a convincing, immersive three-dimensional surround sound. This TriVector™ mode is a preferred setting for side channel or rear channel speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 surround system. The tweeters can be pivoted away from the listening positions to further reduce localization and create a more diffuse surround effect.
- Bipole Mode - This produces a more localizable sound that’s generally preferred for music recordings.
Atlantic Technology AZ620 - Azure Series In-Ceiling Speaker - Features:
- Advanced humidity-resistant, stiff, lightweight Fiberglass woofer material as found in the latest premium Atlantic Technology 8600 series home-theater speaker systems
- Durable butyl rubber woofer surround ensures stable long-lasting performance
- Formed curved woofer cone shape avoids breakup and distortion for a cleaner midrange
- Long throw Dual 1-inch (AZ620) and 1-inch (AZ820) voice coils with a vented pole piece for excellent bass performance
- Acoustically optimized horn enclosure for excellent midrange clarity, dispersion and a smooth predictable off-axis frequency response.
- Tweeter mounted on a reinforced low-resonance bridge for clean sound even at high listening levels
- Natural sounding 1-inch coated silk-dome tweeter for excellent dispersion without sounding aggressive when located near room occupants
- Neodymium tweeter magnet with Ferrofluid cooling for reliable efficient operation
- Tweeters have a 30° pivoting orbital system to adjust tweeter directionality, reduce boundary reflections for optimal stereo separation and image blending
- Sophisticated computer optimized 12 dB/octave precision crossover with audiophile grade polypropylene capacitors, air core inductors and built-in resettable polyswitch speaker protection
- Two sets of heavy duty gold plated, push-spring binding posts for quick secure speaker connections handle up to 14 gauge cable
- Ultra-thin bezels with magnetically attached low-profile paintable grilles for a stealth installation with square grilles optionally available
- Simple rotating clamp dog-leg fasteners make installation fast and easy
- Optional pre-construction brackets and back box aid to ensure professional installation results
Atlantic Technology AZ620 - Azure Series In-Ceiling Speaker - Specifications:
- Applications: Tri-Mode™ Multi-Purpose: 1. Whole House, 2. Surround Sound 3. Dual Voice Coil. Mono, Single Point Stereo or Dipole Surround Sound, Tri-Vector™ Diffuse Dispersion
- Added Features: Dipole/bipole tweeter switch, mono, 2 channel single point stereo mode, or dipole surround. Acoustically optimized horn, reinforced tweeter bridge
- Woofer: 6.5" dual 1" voice coil, vented pole piece, humidity-resistant low distortion curved lightweight fiberglass cone, butyl rubber surround
- Tweeter: (LRT = Low Resonance Tweeter) Dual 3/4″ LRT™ coated silk dome wide dispersion 30° pivoting orbital tweeters ferrofluid cooled Neodymium magnets
- Frequency Response:48 - 22kHz, +/-3dB
- Sensitivity: 88dB
- Nominal Impedance: 2 x 8 ohms, stereo; 1 x 4 ohms, mono
- Recommended Power: 10-125 watts RMS per channel
- Crossover: 2.7 kHz, Computer optimized 12 db/octave, audiophile components polypropylene capacitors, air core inductors, resettable polyswitch protection circuit
- Cutout Diameter: 8" (202mm)
- Mounting Depth: 4 13/16" (122.24 mm)
- Weight: 4.7 lbs (2.14 kg)
- Dimensions: 9 3/8 ” diameter (238mm)
- Magnetic Paintable Thin Bezel Grilles:Yes
- New Construction Kit (optional): IC-NC-TLC-6
- Ceiling Back Box (optional): IC-BOX-6/8
- Square Grills (optional): SQ-GRILLS-6 (10")