The 8600eLR’s is Atlantic Technology’s ultra-high performance speaker system with an unbeatable combination of smooth, accurate sound, sophisticated style, and unmatched value in a flagship system.
Whether you are critically listening to two-channel music, or enjoying surround-sound movies, with the 8600eLR’s you’ll appreciate the speaker’s ability to deliver the explosive dynamics of the latest Hollywood blockbuster or the subtle detail in a classic recording.
This all-new speaker design features internally braced non-resonant MDF cabinets housing seven new state-of-the art Atlantic Technology drivers configured in a D’Appolito/M-T-M array; four 8-inch fiberglass woofers, two 5.25-inch fiberglass mid-drivers, and an advanced 1-inch aluminum/magnesium dome tweeter with a powerful neodymium magnet structure. The midrange and tweeter drivers are internally isolated within their own airtight sub-enclosure.
The cross-over is a 4thorder Butterworth asymmetrical time-aligned Linkwitz-Riley design with bi-wire inputs. A high-sensitivity spec of 91 dB with power handling of up to 300 watts per speaker makes the 8600’s perfect for very high-performance 2-channel and home theater systems.
The 8600eLR can be tuned to any room with the rear mounted acoustic optimization controls to minimize detrimental effects of speaker placement and room acoustics.
- A 3-position High Frequency Energy switch changes the tilt of the tweeters response, not simply how loudly the tweeter plays but allows matching the speaker’s response to different room environments. Whether you have an acoustically live (highly reflective) or dead (highly absorptive) room, you can correct for varying acoustics.
- A Location Selector switch shelves up both the upper midrange and the high frequency output to compensate for being located behind a perforated screen or theater curtains, providing improved detail at the listening position.
- A Boundary Compensation control adjusts the lower midrange to minimize the sound colorations caused by placing the speakers in custom cabinets or directly adjacent to a TV, delivering open and natural sound.
The 8600eLR’s can be used alone in a two-channel system, installed in custom cabinetry behind an acoustically-transparent screen or curtains and they can be used in any multi-channel configuration. For 7.1 systems, we recommend another set of LR’s for the back channels or mixed and matched with Atlantic Technology components from the 8200 Series for center, rear and surround speakers. To complete a multi-channel system an additional 642eSB, SBT500 or SBT1000 subwoofer is recommended.
The cabinet’s side panels are finished in a luxurious Gloss Black painted finish.
Atlantic Technology 8600e LR - Specifications:
- Model: 8600e LR
- Type: Sealed-box, 3-way D’Appolito M-T-M Array
- Woofer: (4) 8″ Glass Fiber
- Midrange: (2) 5.25″ Glass Fiber
- Tweeter: (1) 1″ Aluminum-Magnesium
- Frequency Response: 50Hz – 25kHz ±2dB
- Nominal Impedance: 6Ω
- Crossover Frequency: 450Hz, 3kHz
- Crossover Type: Computer designed Butterworth 4th order asymmetrical time aligned Linkwitz-Riley
- Sensitivity: 91dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 25 – 300 Watts RMS
- Magnetic Shielding: Yes
- Dimensions w/ grilles (W x H x D): 10.9 x 51.7 x 11.4in / 278 x 1314 x 291mm
- Weight (ea): 93.3lbs; 42.3kg